Countdown to Thanksgiving:
Top #7 Stuffing (and Dressing) Recipe to Be Thankful
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s time to plan out your menu and get cooking. Despite some new age chefs trying to tell you to go “non-traditional” this Thanksgiving, I think most people will agree that it wouldn’t be Turkey Day without, well, turkey!
And of course, even the most succulent turkey needs a little help from its side dish friends. For some that means sweet potato pie, for others, it’s green bean casserole or mashed potatoes. But the true companion for turkey is, undoubtedly, the stuffing. Now whether you call it stuffing or dressing, one thing is for sure: Everyone at your table will want you to pass some more of it!
If your stuffing is a little lacking, or if you just want to spice up your Thanksgiving table with a new recipe, why not check out one of our top 7 Stuffing (and Dressing) Recipes from our recipe site – Holiday Eats.
#7 CORNBREAD STUFFING
This traditionally Southern recipe, which originally comes from the Cajun Grocer, is a hit with Holiday on the Net’s viewers.
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 cups cornbread (crumbled)
- 1/2 lb. chopped chicken livers
- 1/2 lb. chopped chicken gizzards
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- Poultry seasoning, salt and black pepper (add according to taste)
- Butter or olive oil for sauteing vegetables
- Chicken broth
- Brown chopped chicken livers and gizzards over medium heat in cooking oil.
- Add celery, onion, and bell pepper cook until soft.
- Season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Add crumbled cornbread to vegetables and meat.
- Pour chicken broth into mixture until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasoning and cool before stuffing bird.
So stop by each day as we feature a new stuffing recipe as we countdown to Thanksgiving.
You can find all of these recipes, and much, much more at Holiday Eats, our holiday recipe site.